Popular Post
Recent Post

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bower birding

One of the advantages of waiting for my kids at their gymnastics club is the sneaky visits I pay to the building next door.  St Vincents du Paul is my guilty pleasure on a Tuesday afternoon and on more than one occasion I have come out the owner of some new treasure. 
My latest purchase was a couple of weeks ago when I found these cane side tables hiding up the back.  At $8 each they were definitely coming home with me.



I decided not to play it safe and paint them my usual shade of white, instead I stood at the paint bar at Bunnings and chose the colour that appealed to me the most regardless of whether it matched anything at all...
I came out with a gorgeous shade called Lagoon Teal and after hesitating for a while I bit the bullet and started painting.  I figured I could always go back to white if hideousness reined.


Here's how the first one has turned out and I must say I am rather pleased with the result.  I am trying to be more adventurous with colour and this small pop of teal is working for me.
Now the big question is should I paint the other one the same colour or something different - what about bright yellow??