Popular Post
Recent Post

Monday, March 17, 2008

Mars V. Venus


I've decided that the biggest difference between the sexes has to be their television viewing.

Every time Surfer Boy joins me on the couch he pooh-hoos my show choice. If I am stupid enough to leave the room to get a tea, go to the bathroom, check on the kids, I will return to find the show I have been watching for the past 1/2 hour now a black and white documentary (usually with subtitles) charting the history of the worlds best criminals or old men digging up bones in the Kalahari Desert. It SHITS me!!

Mr Smug then informs me that 'I could learn something'.

If I leave the room to blog 'cause I can't stand watching a brain sliced open on R.P.A. I get abused for spending too much time on the computer.

I've tried to fix the problem by suggesting we buy another TV for the bedroom, then he can watch whatever he wants and not be offended by my low-brow choices but that apparently is not an option. 'It's unnecessary. It's a 'want' not a 'need'.

Gggrrrrrr!

I want to watch So You Think You Can Dance.

I want to watch bad rom-coms.

I want to watch Rove.

I even want to watch Biggest Loser if I so choose.


Why can't we find anything we enjoy watching together? Is it that hard? Spics & Specs and The New Collectors are the only times we find ourselves on the couch together. That makes ONE HOUR a week!!
What happened to the days where the family sat around the idiot box together? Long gone I fear.
I want to be this family....

By the way, it is still frigging hot here!!! Thanks for caring.