Popular Post
Recent Post

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

North & South

I've spent the last few evenings curled up with these lovely boys...


Orry Main (Patrick Swayze) and George Hazard (James Read).
There is nothing like a sweeping period miniseries to get me entranced and this one is right up there with my very favourite - All The Rivers Run.  I will be entrenched in the American civil war for the next few weeks so forgive me if I start talking with a Southern drawl.

Of course one thing that I couldn't keep my eyes off this time around were the amazing homes of the Hazard and Main families.  The South had a lot that was fundamentally wrong with it but it's architecture wasn't one of those things.

Boone Hall - the setting for Orry's home, Mont Royal

 The drive leading to Mont Royal

Greenwood Plantation - Madeline's home, Resolute

 Inside Resolute